The LC2910-HC Van De Graaff generator is designed for institutional use. It's a workhorse and proven performer in schools, universities, science museums, electrical cooperatives and NOAA facilities across the country. Don't just take our word for it. Do some searching on other major sales platforms for LC2910-HC. Feedback on this item is consistently solid. That's because we designed this Van De Graaff generator from the ground up, with every component being of premium quality. The end result is a device that will yield many years of reliable service. Not only that, but you can rely on this device to work in the most challenging environments where other Van De Graaff generators fail.
This large Van De Graaff generator stands over 2' tall, and it's large dome can produce an electric potential of 325,000 volts or more. There are a lot of exaggerated claims out there about Van De Graaff voltage. Did you know that voltage is dictated by dome size? The dome is a giant capacitor where the electrical charges accumulate. The diameter of the dome correlates to the total potential capacitance of the device. That's not the entire story though, because 2 generators with the same size dome can have very different performance characteristics. Our generator features a dome charge rate (micro current) that in some cases exceeds the competition by 5x. This means that it can pump more energy out for better experimental results, from hair raising to charging electroscopes.
This commercial generator is designed for heavy institutional use. It features a large sealed bearing electric motor that will provide years of trouble free service with no maintenance. The sealed bearing motor produces a powerful 3,500 RPM. Dual risers located inside the upper dome make belt centering a snap! Discharge wand and wire are included. Comes complete with a 1 year limited warranty!
- Commercial Build Quality with Superior Fit and Finish.
- Discharge Wand and Wire Included
- Fuse Overload Protection. If the belt breaks and jams the motor (as often happens with the belt being confined), the fuse will prevent your motor from locking up
- Built in Humidity Control Bulb Mounted in the Base. High humidity can rob the machine of up to 80% of its output capacity.
- Quick Connect Terminal at the Top of the Main Discharge Dome
- Quick Belt Tensioning System Conveniently Located in Upper Dome (Dual Tensioners will travel up to 1.5" / 38mm)
- Styrofoam Storage Case for Portability
- Convenient Discharge Wand Storage Receptacle Built into the Base (Seen on Alternate Product Photo)
- Complete User Guide / Manual written in plain English by us.
Product Instruction Manual
How does a Van De Graaff generator work? CLICK HERE to find out.
We sell fun and educational custom accessories for this Van De Graaff generator. CLICK HERE for a link.
Looking for helpful tips and tricks to get your generator working at peak performance? CLICK HERE for information.
1 Year Warranty* (excludes belts).
Power Source: 110VAC (3-Prong Grounded Cord)
Input Power: 80W
Motor RPM: 3,500
Storage Ball Diameter: 10" (250mm)
Discharge Ball Diameter: 2.5" (60mm)
Overall Dimensions: (LxWxH) 11" x 7" x 26" (275mm x 175mm x 660mm)